POLICY STATEMENT OVERVIEW
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Melbourne Document Shredding Services collects and stores any personal information that you give us:
- Your name, address and contact details.
- Any goods or services provided to you.
- Records of your communications with Melbourne Document Shredding Services.
Melbourne Document Shredding Services takes all reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the following provisions:
- The likely use of the information.
- The right of access to the information.
- The identity and contact details of the organisations
- Any law requiring collection of the information
- UTILISATION AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Melbourne Document Shredding Services discloses personal information:
- for the primary purpose for which it was collected or
- where the individual would reasonably expect this or
- where the individual has consented or
- for direct marketing by Melbourne Document Shredding Services, but giving individuals the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing; Melbourne Document Shredding Services includes its contact details in any direct marketing
- Melbourne Document Shredding Services does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless
your consent has been given or as required by law.
- Melbourne Document Shredding Services will not sell or license any personal information that it collects from you.
- HOW WE HOLD, USE OR STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We have security measures in place and have developed and implemented Australian standard operating procedures that cover the handling and storage of your information. These procedures have developed a set of standards to ensure our policies and procedures meet and exceed industry and government legislative requirements.
Your personal information is stored, and will only be accessed by authorised personnel to provide technical support or to carry out other functions reasonably necessary to provide the services. This information will not be disclosed or used in any other way without your authorisation.
- CONTRACTOR OR SUPPLIER
If you are an individual contractor of Melbourne Document Shredding Services, or a representative of a supplier, Melbourne Document Shredding Services will collect your name, contact details, bank details, background checks and any medical information that you have consented to provide and which is reasonably necessary for you to carry out your functions.
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Melbourne Document Shredding Services protects personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format. Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Melbourne Document Shredding Services acknowledges that individuals have a general right of access to information concerning them. You are entitled to request access to the personal information that we may hold (subject to the exceptions which may apply under the Privacy Act.
- COLLECTING SENSITIVE INFORMATION
- MORE INFORMATION
For more information about the Privacy Act or your rights, please visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, at www.oaic.gov.au.
This policy will be reviewed annually or when legislated updates are enforced by the Melbourne Document Shredding Services Executive Management Team