What’s The Best Way To Avoid A Data Breach?
No matter what kind of business you own, whether it’s related to finance or healthcare or even the arts, you are dealing with sensitive information. Invoices, bank statements, pay stubs, applications, tax forms, even just a small slip of paper with the password to your Quickbooks account scrawled on it: these are all forms of sensitive data.
These innocuous documents contain just the sort of information that a hacker needs to perform a data breach and steal from you. Things like your identity and those of your customers, and even your bank account are no longer safe when you just throw these pieces of paper away without processing them properly first.
The best way to avoid a data breach through the documents that contain all this sensitive and private information is simple: shred your documents.
What Are The Benefits Of Shredding My Documents?
The benefits of doing something as simple as shredding your important documents when you don’t need them anymore are surprisingly numerous. We’ve listed a few of them below.
- Shredding your documents prevents them from ever being read again. When you or a professional shredding company shreds your documents, the paper is cut into such tiny little pieces that it would be nearly impossible to ever put it all back together again. Thus, you can almost 100% guarantee that no one will ever be able to read those documents again.
- Shredding your documents protects not only your sensitive information, but the private data of your clients or business partners whose information might be among your documents, as well. The last thing you want is for someone you work with or a client who trusts you to have their data breached because you were careless with their information. Destroying documents that contain other people’s information is an easy way to ensure that never happens.
- Shredded documents can be recycled into new paper products, thus helping the environment. Our shredding company, MelbourneShred, recycles all shredded documents into other paper products. So while you might think you’re just creating a lot of useless garbage when you shred, you’re actually helping break down a material that will help the environment.
- Shredding documents you don’t need instead of keeping them means less clutter and fire hazards around your office. Think about it: if you don’t shred those documents, what are you going to do with them? They’re going to sit around your office and collect dust. They can even become a fire hazard if you have too many of them. The best thing you can do is get rid of them in a safe, responsible manner by destroying them.
- Shredding documents gives you peace of mind. There’s nothing more satisfying than watching a document that has all kinds of private and sensitive information on it get shred into a thousand little pieces that no one will ever read again. It takes a weight off your mind because you know that you have taken care of yourself, your business partners, and your customers by preventing a breach of their personal data.
Where Can I Get My Documents Shred?
You might think that buying a personal shredder is the best way to destroy your documents. However, a personal shredder might not hold up against everything you need to tear up. Not only that, but once you’re finished shredding, you still have to dispose of all that paper.
At MelbourneShred, we offer professional shredding services that you can feel safe using. We’ll take good care of your documents before and after shredding to ensure that that information on them is not compromised. And as we stated above, we’ll also recycle what we shred.
Call us today on (03) 8685 9559 to learn more about the benefits of document destruction and why our service is the best choice for your business.